Leading Process Mapping
Process mapping workshops are an important tool for anyone running process discovery, documentation or analysis projects. They are powerful because it’s one of the few chances that teams can get to talk about how they work together and how they can improve.
When employees have the passion for leading change we should support this energy and give them the simple skill sets that helps them on the journey and this course is one that can make a difference to them and their organisation.
You will get to transfer the skills needed to facilitate process mapping activity through your organisation using a proven structured workshop methodology that has 4 main elements. The employee will come back with a level of learning and experience that they can apply immediately within their role and across multiple functions.
This course consists of multiple sessions, videos, each of which is a collection of related lessons.
This one day course will follow an improvement methodology covering the following 4 areas:
1. Pre-workshop requirements (establishing charter, teams and logistics)
2. Mapping current state (data collection, root cause analysis, lead-times, effort) 3. Future State Mapping (Combine, Eliminate, Reduce, Re-arrange and Simplify) 4. Action planning (Cost vs Benefit, action statements, delivery date, sustainment)
The Aim is:
To be able to lead, guide and coach a small team through the Improvement Methodology Workshop Methodology that identifies change required in line with a project charter
The Objectives are: By the end of this session you will be able to:
• Describe the 4 elements of the workshop methodology
• Understand some key lean tools and techniques and how to apply them
• Map a process using standard symbols and data sheets
• Create a Current State Map and Future State Map with actions and plans